Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help With Auto Repair
Family Forums > Family Life And Health Forums > Family Budget Advice
bioforce
Hi There

I had a minor accident and have taken my car in for two estimates but the insurane company wants me to go to yet another shop for the repairs and after I read about inusrance companies having crappy repairs done to save money at a website I'm kind of worried about it.

Should I be worried? Should I try to make the insurance company use a repair shop that I chose? Can the insurance company force me to use a repair shop they have chosen?

Any info on this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks
David
replystreet
You should be able to go to any shop you want. You pay them for insurance. When they give you the money for your car go to the shop you want to go too. You can get estimates anywhere. If they have where you have to go to that shop for some reason after you already told them about your concern about it. You might consider changing insurance companies. They should do what makes you happy, not the other way around. Hope this helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.