Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question About Child Sexual Abuse
Family Forums > Family Life And Health Forums > Abuse Recovery Help
Esruc
I read an article by a therapist that said any physical contact between a child and a pedophile, even non-sexual contact, is still considered sexual abuse. Is this true?
Moonglow
You should consult a lawyer if your interested. I know that pedophiles are occasionally restricted access to children to prevent sexual abuse from taking place. So from the law's standpoint I can't respond. Speaking from the development standpoint so long as the child is healthy, hasn't ever been sexually abused for example, then so long as the contact isn't sexual or intimate in any way then it dosn't harm the child. However. If the child has been sexually abused especially by said pedophile than any physical contact, even the mere existence of the pedophile in the child's life or surroundings, is abusive to the child as it is harmful to them.
ysabelle
That what i know also. i agree that it's best to consult a professional help so that you will know how to handle problem like this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.