Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chronic Anal (and Occasionally Vulval) Yeast Infections
Family Forums > Family Life And Health Forums > Physical Health Issues
capricioushaven
So, I've been suffering from pretty severe anal and occassional vaginal/vulval yeast infections for almost a year now. I also have had IBS for almost two years, but which has gotten tons better over the last 4-6 months.

My symptoms include severe itching around the anus, but also pretty bad itching of the vulva, particularly on the clitoris. It's not everyday, but it's pretty regularly. It's so bothersome and I know that it can be harmful to my health (in what ways i'm not quite sure yet. info on this would also be appreciated).

What can I do? I've had this for quite a while now, so I'm sure the yeast has established quite a colony in my intestines. I know eating yogurt can help, and I've also heard of applying it topically, but what else can I do? I'm afraid of the long term effects this can have on my health and my body, and I just want it to go away. The only thing that I've found that has brought me any immediate relief is applying an antibiotic ointment (which i know just traps in moisture and makes it more likely to be infected) to the itchy/burning areas.

Please help. It's so bad I can't sleep sometimes I'm itching so badly. I scratch in my sleep. I have to rush to the bathroom during the day just to scratch and relieve the awful itching. Is there anything I can do?
lovepril

oh my, i felt sorry for what's going on with your health condition. you said it's almost been a year now, have you ever consider to have your self a check up? you must see a doctor and it's not could anymore. if you don't want it to get worst you must seek a doctor. it's for your own good, please do.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.