Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't Want A Divorce
Family Forums > Family Life And Health Forums > Addiction Recovery Support
kaseyhardin
I am a mother of 3 and a wife of almost three years. I had a relapse, from eight years clean, after my third child after having anxiety and post-pardum issues. I was prescribed all kinds of meds and took what I knew I shouldn't. It made me feel better physically as well as mentally and after what I had been through, anything was better. I was having marital problems after the pills and then left and went on a alcohol and pill binge for about two weeks that ended me up in the ICU for an overdose. My husband stuck by me up until that point. He wanted out from that point on and has not changed his mind since. I love him so much and this hurts so bad. I know I am responsible for this and that is what hurts the most. I had a great man and I ruined it. I have since completed a treatment program and have been sober for over 6 months. I just want my family back and he is not willing.... Any suggestions on what I should or could do?
Green
That sounds very tough and heart rending for you no doubt. All I can say is that as a man I think your man is afraid that if he stays there is a chance he will lose you because of what occured and he's afraid of that possible pain. So he wants a divorce and will lose you anyway. Maybe with time and if he see's that you remain helped he will soften and be reconciled to you. I can't say this with any certainty but it is possible, but you must really really want him to ?

Six month sobriety is a brilliant achievement though and you should be congratulated in that. Keep going and have faith I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.