Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blood Pressure Monitor
Family Forums > Family Life And Health Forums > Physical Health Issues
marinameggy
My husband suffers from high blood pressure, but refuses to see a doctor. I've purchased a home blood pressure monitor
that tracks results for up to three weeks. While I think the home monitor is a great guide, I'm not sure I trust its accuracy. Does anyone know if home blook pressure monitoring kits are considered accurate, and are there any operation tips you can suggest to improve accuracy? Thanks!
lindalewis
I have really struggled lately and am keeping a temporary diary of BP/HR and symptoms.

I have heard Omron is the best, but then found this online after being told Walgreen's had good prices.
vickih
No the home kits for diagnostics these aren't very accurate, they usually +-10 error.
DenielAngus
Hi Vick you are right about the accuracy of these home kits for diagnosis.
etherealmaiden
We also use digital sphygmo in our home just for the sake of easy assessment whenever my papa, gran, and aunties use it. But I still prefer the aneroid type and since we also have the WelchAllyn brand, that's the one I use when I take their regular b.p.

TherapyTribe
Hi

I am also facing the same condition my father also have high blood pressure u can buy a electronic instrument it gives u correct and accurate result also use low iodine salt in food and don't give oily food to your hubby .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.