IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Partner A Heroin Addict
sallyo
post Feb 9 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,085

My partner has been on and off heroin for the last 5 years. It has just gotten really really bad.. I didnt know about all the times as i have never dealt with anyone that was a drug addict in my life. I have a 4 year old son from this man so i have been trying because of him. I have really had enough. I dont know much about the drug and the effects and withdrawals even though i have looked up many sites for information. I feel like i am lost and confused, hurt, anger, hatred, dissappointed etc.. I dont understand why i am suffering so much for his addiction. I feel so lonely as this is not something i can talk to anyone about. I am fine sometimes then boom, all of a sudden i think about it and just burst into tears. Every single day i am crying, im killing myself over all this and most of the time he isnt here and no phone calls or when i try calling him he just turns the fone off or doesnt answer my calls for hours and hours and hours everyday. im sick of him verbally abusing me and lying to me. I have just had it. I really dont know what to do. This is my second marriage. Please help me. Please help me with any information that i can get....
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Feb 9 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

The best thing you can do for your husband is let him know if he doesn't check into treatment and get off the drug permanently, you are leaving him. If he can afford heroine, he can afford treatment, so that is no excuse. If he refuses to get clean or sneaks the drug in the future, the best thing you can do for him is leave. He has to hit bottom to be willing to do what it takes to quit. If he doesn't quit he will die and destroy you in the process.

Just a quick note concerning what's best for your son. If your husband chooses to use the drug even though it means losing both of you, the best thing you could do for your son is get him away from that influence.

If you have trouble following through on this, check out Narc-anon.

+Quote Post
sallyo
post Feb 10 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Thanks Glen for your input but we have been trying to put him into detox then rehab for the last few days but we still have to wait. I dont know why it takes so long. The waiting process is still just as hard as he is continuing using and i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel.

+Quote Post
Glen
post Feb 11 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Sounds like you're moving in the right direction, then. If he's willing to go into rehab, there's hope for his addiction and your marriage.

+Quote Post
sallyo
post Feb 23 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #5

Thanks again Glen. Just wanted to keep u updated on what was happening. He today has started home detox. We are still waiting for a date on when he is going into rehab but he wanted to detox himself asap as he got sick of waiting for rehab. Today he slept most of the day and so i dont really know whats going to happen next. Could you give me any details of how this withdrawing and home detox works? Thanks

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 10:23 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here