IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pedophilia Recovery
Glen
post Aug 4 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

If you're angered by the title of this article because you believe pedophiles are incurable and should get the death penalty, as one person wrote me recently, this article is not for you. In fact, if you or a loved one was molested and your interest is in increased punishment or monitoring of pedophiles, you won't like the article, either. But, if you or a loved one is part of a, sadly, growing number of people who suffers from pedophilia, this article is to give you hope. The hope is in the reality that people can and do recover from pedophilia, like any other compulsive disorder.
Pedophilia-What It Is And Isn't: Let's define the term so we won't have a misunderstanding right off the bat. Pedophilia is a
Read complete article!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lostson
post Dec 5 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 361

Thank you for writing on this sensitive issue. I am deeply grateful that you have the courage to write about this topic in a fair and unbiased view.

I am a pedophile and have been one for most of my life. I noticed my differences of attraction started about age 10. All my friends were attracted girls are own age in our class and I liked the girls in first grade. My attraction has remained the same and I am attracted to girls 3 to 10 years old. Iím not sure if I was born this way or if my own abuse caused it. I like many other pedophiles was molested as a child first from my father then by neighbors. I do not use this as an excuse to act out and hurt children but more as a possible reason for my thoughts and feelings.

I am not proud of having this disease I more the exact opposite, I hate it. It complicates everything I do, work, marriage, life. I married my wife a few years ago I love her very much but I am not attracted to her she knows this and accepts me even with my flaws. I am very fortunate to have someone like her. I have been shunned by many people because of this disease even though I have never acted on my thoughts and desires and molested a child. Most people hear the word pedophile and they feel instant fear and anger. So I have learned to keep quiet about my disease.

I appreciate your stance on this matter and I know it is not easy to admit you have this problem or even once had it. As for me I am working on a cure for this. I attend one-on-one therapy as well as voluntarily attend a sex offender program in which I also attend group therapy. I am working with a physiatrist and am on several medications to aid in controlling my thoughts and desires. I recently tried chemical castration hoping it would alleviate the urge to molest but alas it did not and I have since stopped taking the shots.

I would like to thank you again for opening this topic and being brave enough to talk openly about it. As far as God goes I donít know that much about him. I pray that he doesnít hate me but how could he love a person with these thoughts. Perhaps there is a middle ground where he doesnít hate me but doesnít love me either he just accepts that Iím sick and is at peace with that.

+Quote Post
Glen
post Dec 5 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

I just want you to know it's possible to recover. You don't have to live with this disorder. Instead of thinking of God as a judge excluding you, try to think of Him as a loving parent, waiting for you, His child, to come home. Jesus spoke of the progdigal son (lost son) and the great party his father gave when the son returned. This is how God sees all of us, no matter what we've thought or done.

+Quote Post
dowantthehelp
post Oct 25 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,174

hey glen, im a 20 year old male with a lot of potential and great things going for me, and i would really really like to recover form worrying that im a pedophile. it seems like i was never a pedophile before, and once i started worrying about it, i see things in myself and my life that say i am a pedophile. first and foremost, i would never ever dream of doing anything like this with a child and rather its created a huge disturbance in my life and i just want my regular life back. i dont know what else to turn to, cause everyone else says a cure is not possible. i have come to realize that my only choice is a cure, my only choice is to get better, stop worrying about this and get back to my life, but i just want to know, am i gonna have my regular healthy sex drive back? cause it was great, it was fine and just the way i wanted it until i started worrying about this subject...i really do hope that things can get back to normal and healthy for me, because this does not feel like the life i was meant for, this feels terrible and exactly the opposite of who i am, i really appreciate your help and sincerly want to be rid of any troublesome, unhealthy thoughts, much love and longing for hope, -your friend

+Quote Post
dowantthehelp
post Oct 27 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,174

does anybody know if this really works? im gonna try having some faith in myself because i would just never wanna go down that road but i just wonder if this really works?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 05:24 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here