IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To React To Nine Year Old "coming Out"?, Nine year old says she's gay
John1411
post Sep 26 2016, 08:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114,363

Hi. Im struggling with my nine year old daughter telling me say is gay. It stunned me for several reasons. First, shes NINE. Second, suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, she is so savvy about the whole issue and lifestyle. Third, shes so very matter-of-fact and adamant about the whole thing. I feel like, and I know it could just be me, that a week ago she probably didnt have a clue about any of this. I love my daughter no matter what. If shes gay, shes gay. No problem. My concern is because of her age, and the fact that her awareness and knowledge about lesbianism seems so recent and sudden. Im wondering if shes even had time to process this and whether shes really gay or emulating a friend or some movie she saw, or whatever. I want her to know that I love her and accept her no matter what. But I dont want to inadvertently encourage her to think or feel things that may not really be her own true feelings. Im a single parent. Her mother took off when she was just two. I dont have anyone to discuss this with, and I live in this constant fear that Im going to react the wrong way with my daughter. I know time will tell, but in the meantime I want to be the best parent I can. Advice? Suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd December 2016 - 06:21 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here