IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Husband's Drinking
Anxiouswife
post Oct 1 2015, 02:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,236

My husband is an alcoholic but he doesn't think so. "I like the different types of beer" is what he says. At this moment, it's going on 6 hours since he told me he was going out for a couple of beers with the guys and would be home after that. Calling his cell doesn't work because he won't answer. I get the occasional text message from him, I assume it's when he's on his way to/from the restroom. Don't worry about me...that's the message I got, 4 times.

I am really pissed because he's out there drinking for the past 6 hours. He's a social guy, so he could be downing ice water and talking, but I won't know until he comes home. I'm afraid, very afraid. I've been down this road numerous times, never a good thing. When he has too much to drink, he gets mouthy, then he gets emotional and cries. I cannot tell him how I feel because I'm afraid. I have to talk as if I'm 'walking on eggshells', or consoling him, act like I care for him (at that moment). I pray hard that he'll just fall asleep.

So many times he's gotten drunk. We went out once, he got drunk, I ended up running across the street and hiding from him. My children have witnessed his behavior...my daughter was smart enough to hold her head down and text her brother, who called the police. We have run out of the house when he went to use the bathroom, leaving in our car to spend the night at our relatives home. I've gone to a support group, Al Anon, I think, but didn't care for it.

I wish that he would seek help, but like I said, he doesn't think he has a problem. i just needed to vent. Thank you for listening.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pinkypie
post Oct 9 2015, 03:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 107,476

Thank you for sharing.
I am living with my alcoholic partner.
I know how frustrating it can be when they dont see how the alcohol affects them or the people who love them.
All we can hope is one day they will see the light and seek help.

+Quote Post
amit101kumar
post Apr 1 2016, 03:37 AM
Post #3

Veteran

Member No.: 108,698

hello friends......

You can try our Quit Addiction for stop Addiction quickly......

Quit Addiction is an effective Ayurvedic Medicine to get rid of any kind of drug Addiction. There are various substance abuses that cause a huge harm in the human body, which usually are not caught when you start involving, but gradually find people effected from various diseases while they got addicted to alchohol, drugs, smoking and other substances.

Visit
teleone dot in

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 05:03 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here