IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Is The Toughest Experience You Had In Recovery?, recovery experience
caringnurse
post Mar 9 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,789

Kindly share the toughest experience you had during addiction recovery and how you got over it. We will all learn from it. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
matman40
post Apr 9 2012, 07:59 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,659

I have been using/abusing drugs for over 35 years. 99% of the drugs I get, I buy from dealers. Rarely do I get a script from a doctor. I was on methadone for 3 years then started doing xanax. So I was taking about 40mg methadone and 8-12mg xanax a day. Did that for about a year. Then I fell apart. Lost my job and had to move my wife and 2 kids to a hotel. I had to quit and it had to be cold turkey. With in about 6 hours the xanax with drawls started. In 24 hours I was shaking with very bad body/anxiety rushes. Then the throwing up and ####ting water. 3 days and nights no sleep at all and very sick. About the 4th day the methadone with drawls started. Long story short I was very sick for about 4 weeks straight. After I started to feel better found another job. Then I wanted to score. I did not care that the hell I went through. I just wanted to get high. And I did. So It seems the toughest part of all this is staying clean. And that I am doing all this with no help at all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 02:18 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here