IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lacking Quality Time
Bdors
post Jan 29 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,043

My wife and I have been married for almost 12 years and we dated for 6 years before that. We have 2 kids, 7 & 11. She worked before our first child but has been at home since then. Recently (since January 1) she has been a semi-volunteer assistant dance instructor/personal assistant for her dance teacher of the past few years. I have tried to be supportive of her easing back to work as dance is her current passion.
With the class she is out 4 nights a week. Because of my day job, on these nights we might overlap by just 1-2 hrs before she heads off. The problem is she almost invariably goes out with the (female) dance teacher for a late dinner. Then she goes out to a bar for dancing and supposedly networking after. 90% of these nights she gets home 1-2am. Sometimes one of her (male) friends will call up for a ride home from a gig, which she will provide.
The next morning I end up getting the kids ready for school as she's too tired eve though I stay up waiting for her.
I am trying to be supportive of her regaining her sense of independence but am I wrong to feel resentful of her time away?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angelinastones
post Feb 6 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #2

Veteran

Member No.: 31,350

hi there. that's quite sad, but maybe, she is finding time for herself, like leisure time. But, she has to know her actions or responsibilities as well. Talk to her about this, moderately, just tone down your voice to avoid any arguments. ok? smile.gif

--------------------
[url=http://tinyurl.com/urmarriagesaved You should save your marriage!!![/url]

+Quote Post
Bdors
post Feb 6 2012, 11:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 46,043

FWIW, my wife and I had a long talk about this afterwards, and I think we're all good now. Thank you for caring.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 09:48 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here