IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big Issues
BernsN
post Sep 28 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,691

i have a boyfriend of one and a half years and he is a recovering heroin addict. hes been off and on a few times with being clean. as of right now he is 2 months clean. Our sex life is just not there anymore. i am constantly thinking its me or there is someone else. he told me he was having issues with himself and not really being happy with himself and that its hard to be intimate with me when he isnt happy with himself. idk what to think. HELP!
THANKS!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moonglow
post Sep 28 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,173

I suggest you learn more about recovery. Off again and on again is not recovery nor is even being clean recovery. Your boyfriend needs to get into rehab and a twelve step program and begin working through everything with a therapist and sponsor. Per the sex it is him not you. Ideally for his recovery he should not be attempting to have a sexually intimate relationship with you or anyone so in reality it is quite an irrelevant problem in terms of his recovery. Hes just not ready for that sort of thing. For you learning more about recovery can be supportive in ending the relationship, allowing him to get into recovery, and moving on in your intimate life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:25 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here