IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Offer Pedophiles Therapy?
Waiting2B
post Aug 12 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #11

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,415

Whew, this is one area that is very very hard to be forgiving and loving toward. I think, unless they really are insane and belong in an institution for the rest of their lives, that they can claim mental illness as the reason that they injure a child in this manner.

I think that it should be handled the same as when people are on trial for murder... they should have to plea insanity if they want to use the mental illness angle... and then be locked up.

Because you can't have it both ways... I don't belong in a state ward the rest of my life... but I'm mental enough to molest kids... just doesn't cut it for me.

Sorry, I'm really not trying to sound horrid... and, I am sorry for those of you that have sinned in this way or come close enough to it to have had your lives ruined... I do believe that sin is sin, and you deserve the opportunity to be "forgiven" too... but this is a hard one... at least for us human beings to be able to see past.

I also know that when I break the Law... God forgives me, but I still deal with the consequences in the society I live in. I think we need longer sentences or even permanent ones for people who commit crimes against children. After all, prison ain't great, but here in the USA... your needs are met and you are kept in a place where you can't hurt any other innocents. Many prisons have TV, weight rooms, run small jobs or something from inside...

Prisons from years ago or in other countries were basically a death sentence or worse because they didn't feed you, give you medical care, allow you to work toward a degree, etc...

so... maybe we don't have the perfect solution... but maybe locking people up who harm children in that way PERMANENTLY is the answer... I mean, you wouldn't have to worry about securing jobs and housing that way.

yeah, sounds kinda harsh, but I don't know what the solution is. Allowing you to confess to some one but binding their hands from telling the authorities doesn't sound right either... I mean, if you committed a crime, then you committed a crime.

Sorry, I don't want to be horrid and I hope I don't come off as such.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
linavi390
post Aug 30 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #12

User

Member No.: 38,074

For pedophiles should take active measures for treatment

--------------------
www.rsonlinesales.com/rosetta-stone-english-c-70.html
www.disrsstore.com/rosetta-stone-italian-c-5.html

+Quote Post
walter
post Oct 18 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 28,630

Phentramin-d is the strongest non prescription diet pill for weight loss you can buy, period.

+Quote Post
lindawang
post May 3 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 50,754

Ultimate comfort and reduce is surely an really important factor. Tomy Freestyle has skin mole epidermis end result lining will enrich the small one comfort, even although the Harness Lumbar help will give the mum or dad additional padding. The Tomy Freestyle is ideal for infants weighing as much as 9.5kg.

+Quote Post
Wilde
post Jun 19 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 52,670

QUOTE (Glen @ Nov 13 2006, 03:26 PM) *
Admittedly, with this subject, no matter what I write there will be criticism, but it's worth it if others will take a step back from the emotions and consider true solutions to the problem of pedophilia. Fear and anger are normal responses to child molestation but they can't form the basis of any real solution. Instead, we need to understand the problem, craft prevention strategies, determine effective punishment and establish treatments for both the victims and the pedophiles. Since prevention, victim treatment and pedophile convict treatment/punishment are exhaustively covered elsewhere, we're going to focus, here, on therapy for pedophiles (and potential pedophiles) as part of the crime prevention strategy. Here are some top selling books on therapy for pedophiles and other sexual abusers.  

Punishment For Sexual Offenders is strongly and appropriately favored by pretty much everyone but the offenders. These are heinous criminal acts done to people who cannot defend themselves. When you add the cruelty of threat and terror imposed by the pedophiles who know their victims, it becomes clear that every time we catch someone like this, they need to be punished to the full extent of the law. As opposed to popular belief, though, punishment (usually with therapy) is pretty effective for those convicted. The repeat conviction rate for child molesters is...

To read the whole article, see Why Offer Pedophiles Therapy?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 07:59 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here