IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can I Foster If I'm Single? - Questions Answered.
APorter910
post May 15 2017, 12:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,949

Becoming a foster parent is a really big step to make and there are lots of misconceptions about the process. As somebody who has been through the process, I thought I would shed a little light on the situation and answer any questions that may arise.

Can I foster if I'm single?

In short... yes, it doesn't matter whether you have a spouse, as long as you can provide a loving and stable home for the child, then you can become a foster parent. To be a successful foster parent, you have to have the right kind of attitude, you have to be resilient and empathetic, as the child's situation is in the hands of you at the end of the day.

Am I too old to foster?

If you're over 25 then you are eligible to <a href="http://www.lorimerfostering.com/">foster a child</a> and other than that there is no age limit. I've met lots of elderly foster parents in the fostering community. As long as you are of sound health and mind, then you can be eligible.

Do I have to be qualified?

Yes, you have to take a 4 day course after you have been through a rigorous assessment with your assigned social worker.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 09:34 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here